A really nice birthday


Early in the morning just going through my routine of reading a bit of the Bible through YouVersion and today it is a couple of verses that mean so very much to me each time I read or hear them throughout life
December 2, 2023

Verse of the Day

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV

This goes nicely with yesterday's post about intangible/tangible gifts.  This is one of those life-saving intangibles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The darkroom group I belong to held its CHRISTmas brunch today at Kel's place and it was wonderful to see so many great guys and their wives.  Many of us eventually ended up in Kel's darkroom to see what he was working on.
Of course I announced to the group that Yula just passed here CFE for her CPA designation yesterday and successfully graduated with her Master's in Accounting this summer.
Afterwards, we went to one our favourite places on HWY #7 just outside of Abbotsford:  Devan Greenhouse where we bought a nice Orchid plant for Judy who couldn't make the brunch due to having a day surgery a couple days before.  Yula and I brought her the flowers as well as a CHRISTmas gift and thank you card which was appropriate because they allow me to use their darkroom for printing.
Anyway, while we were at the Greenhouse I took out my Canon FTb QL with an FD 28mm f/2.8 lens and loaded with ILFORD HP5 plus film.  Processed when got home and scanned.  
It sure has been a nice birthday despite the fact that I try to downplay it as much as possible - I hate getting older compared to the people around me.

Comments

Popular Posts