My first steps with my new Canon F-1

 I've been working in 135 film format more lately and was really wanting to put a Canon new F-1 back into my toolbox.  My wife - bless her - purchased a used one for me and I've just been so pleased to be working with this precision tool.

For my first roll of film, I put Eastman 5222 through it and was pleased with the results.  Then the second and third rolls on the 16th (Saturday) I used a roll of Fujifilm Acros II on a wonderfully foggy Mill Lake morning in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada and later that day a roll of Panatomic-X (one of my favourite vintage films), photographing a dilapidated flooring tile store downtown. 

Rounded out the day with a little exploration at the corner of Clearbrook and Marshall of what looked to be a derelict, abandoned auto dealership with my Canon FTb QL loaded with ILFORD HP5 plus.  Indeed working in small format does have a place in one's photographic expression.  Hoping you all have a very Merry CHRISTmas.  Focus on it's true meaning, that Hope came down to mankind.  Life down here is never easy, but we do have Hope in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour - if only you believe - not in man or what he can do, but solely in Christ alone.







Comments

Popular Posts