Photographic Philosophy

In a photographic online community I belong to, the question of photographic philosophy was put forward, here is my response.

A difficult question to answer for a couple reasons.
a) A thoughtful answer can require much careful consideration and reflection.
b) I feel that what I type here may be somewhat ephemeral ... my photographic philosophy in other words is dynamic and not static, it changes as I read, see, and communicate and interact with photography, and other things on a daily basis.
For instance,
I have a few images made from around the era of my high school days that I can reflect upon and note what has changed and what has remained the same.
Same: still love the prairies and miss them
Change: added other film formats and gear, use of digital capture. As well, I now see where a fill-flash on a sunny day would have been useful, and see where I could have perhaps acquired more images from different perspectives. One of the most important things I have also come to appreciate is the value of light to photographic imaging. And finally (but not completely), Try to fill-the-frame!
If my images stand out, if they cause someone to pause a bit longer to study the image - my work and philosophy are developing nicely.
Whatever my photographic philosophy is at any point in time, I hope it honours my Lord, Saviour and Creator, Jesus Christ and leads to wholesome responses to my photographic endeavours.

Comments

  1. Very well put. I like how your photographic philosopy is open to change, that you're always willing to move in areas you may see fit to. And... yes, may it bring glory to God!

    Grace,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts