Bulk Film Tin Pinhole Camera Experiments

Today, I tried out two new pinhole cameras with tin foil pinholes made with #10 and #12 needles.
Much better shape results with this material than the thicker stuff I used earlier on the TeaBox.
Images at 5 minutes on bright day with sunshine.
However, I'm still not satisfied.  Images appear too grainy and crude.
But I got images.
UVic-SUB - bicycle spokes and tyres.
#10 camera
5 minutes - sq. paper neg. - good
#12 camera
5 minutes - rounded image
Image not bad, but perhaps I could add a minute to the exposure time.

Reducing exposure seems to be a bad idea as the results are quite the opposite of what I would expect.
Perhaps this is because it is a negative and I am thinking about exposure time in the wrong direction.

Comments

  1. Hi Bob,
    I want to thank you for your course that you are just finishing at Uni 201 and I am in your class.
    I have enjoyed your manner of teaching and am excited to see how my picture will come out.
    Will see you later today.
    Thank you so much!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much.
      I love teaching photography and hope you continue to enjoy photography :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts