Alexander Bridge

 28 August 2024

This coming Tuesday (3rd Sept) the new school year begins.  But before it does I want to get in as much photography as possible.

Thus, I decided to make the long trip eastward to photograph the Alexander Bridge - now I've seen other peoples pictures of the thing and heard about it, so figured it was time for me to make the trip out there to see it and interpret it photographically for myself.

I was working with my Mamiya C330 Pro S loaded with ILFORD SFX near infrared film and on my 55mm lens I had an IR 720 filter.  I've been able to get some acceptable results with this film and today, was no exception however I do wonder what some of the images would have looked like if I had used the real IR film:  Rollei IR 400.

Anyway, please I am with the results of the infrared film.

I was also making images with my Canon F-1 New and the 35-105mm FD lens loaded with Harman Phoenix film rated at ISO 100 and ILFORD HP5 plus film @ ISO 400.  The 135 format will have to wait a bit for processing.

The bridge is the kind of place you might want to visit a couple times at different times of the year to take advantage of the modest deciduous trees for Infrared effect and in autumn for the changing colours of the leaves.




Comments

Popular Posts