Rocket Launch

My son and I headed over to his middle school yard to launch a simple but entertaining Alpha III model rocket.  He was reluctant at first ... you know how kids are these days being "plugged in" to digital technology ... anyway, we got out to the school yard and the weather was beautiful, overcast but bright with very little wind blowing towards the NorthEast as I recollect.
After educating him on the procedure, I pepared the rocket for launch and let him have the honours whilst I used his iPod Touch to capture these moments for posterity :) I tell ya, his attitude sure changed in a hurry.  Ahhhh, now this rocketry stuff was fun, WOW!!!
We launched successfully twice and then he invited his friend over to watch our final flight ... it was an enjoyable time.

Comments

Popular Posts