The Hand Magazine ... A Pleasant Surprise

Today I received my first issue of The Hand magazine (Issue 29, August 2020), published outta Kansas.  I think that place is geographically similar to my home province of Saskatchewan.

The Hand is a magazine for reproduction-based art.

The image was made from materials gathered from a photo outing and when I got home, I placed the items onto photo paper inside my contact printer and a few hours later was rewarded with this wonderful print.

So, I get this magazine in the mail and start looking through it and lo-and-behold right there on page 19 is one of my lumen prints - the one I had made into my first card.
Although it is only one image amongst many, I still consider it a nice little achievement.  Perhaps one more nudge towards worldwide recognition as an artist who can finally turn professional; perchance to hope, but to dream ...

On another note, I purchased a few blocks of watercolour paper and coated about 32 sheets in preparation for making cyanotype images. 
I'm planning to take a small folio on the road with me whilst canvassing a portion of rural Saskatchewan to continue my long-standing project of photographing my favourite place.  Along the way, I hope to make prints to reflect upon when back in BC and perhaps share with students as a way to encourage their own projects.
Anyway, hope you're all able to salvage the summer into something peaceful/restful and satisfying.



Comments

Popular Posts