Summer 2022

So after teaching summer school - visual arts I had the rest of the summer to figure out what to do. I usually look forward to returning home to the prairies to continue with my documentary work of the changing/disappearing landscape as it relates to a sector of the agricultural industry. That did not happen, so I've been experimenting with very nice black & white infrared film as well as long expired infrared film and making some new lumen and cyanotype prints. A few small trips not too far from Abbotsford and the odd times in a darkroom printing. It is a hot summer, but a little less intense than it was last year, but like I say, I love the summer holiday, bar-none it is fantastic and so necessary, but I do not care for the summer weather of incessant heat! Anyway, here are a few samples from this summer's work. The first one with the beach (Lac Alouette) is on a fairly fresh roll of Rollei IR 400 and was exposed in my Mamiya 645 Pro TL in Golden Ears Park, while the second image is of Mill Lake and an apartment building in the background from expired (c. 1997) Kodak HIE in my Canon AE-1 Program.

Comments

Popular Posts