Large Format Notes

This week Tue 21st and Wed 22nd of March in the year of our Lord 2023, I had the pleasure of working in some of the near west coast landscapes - Lac Alouette and Au (that's Gold for those not familiar with chemistry) Creek where I caught a nice view (not great, but nice view) of the Golden Ears mountains.
I was working with my Toyo 45 AII and chose the Schneider 150mm f/5.6 lens for the scene which had affixed my fairly new Yellow-Green filter. I also employed some front tilt to assist with the near focus and thus did not need to use the minimum aperture of f/64 to insure tac sharpness overall the image. Instead, I was able to use f/32 (determined through stopped-down-metering) and a shutter speed of 1/60th of a second. I derived the correct exposure by metering off a grey card and campared this to a variety of averaged readings from my Sekonic L608 light metre. I must say that I am please to finally be using camera movements a bit more as well as relying upon a grey card, which I can always check against my regular metering methodology.

Comments

Popular Posts